These Madras Meatballs, both the recipe and photo taken from the fantastic recipes.co.nz site (you can find the link here) can be served as your protein in a lunch/dinner meal, as an entrée for entertainment, or as a snack for when you need a boost! Super fast and easy, and certain to be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
Serves: 8 people
Nutrition Extras: High Protein, High Iron, Low Sodium (salt), Low Fat, Moderate Vitamin B12, Moderate Zinc
- Cocktail Bamboo skewers
- 600g lean beef mince
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Madras curry powder (or usual curry powder)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Large chopped spring onion, capsicum, red onion
- 200g plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Pinch of sugar
- Combine in a large bowl: mince, eggs, onion, curry powder, half of the parlsey, salt and pepper. Mix together, and shape into 3cm meatballs.
- Thread onto cocktail bamboo skewers, alternating spring onion, capsicum, red onion and meatballs.
- Grill or BBQ the meatballs until cooked thoroughly, about 8-10 mins.
- While those are cooking, mix the yoghurt, mint, the remaining parsley and a pinch of sugar in a bowl.
Serve meatballs with the yoghurt dip, and a side of your choice (rice, salad, potatoes or whatever you prefer!)