Due to the recent outbreak of measles in the community, Village Health has been inundated with phone calls asking about the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR).
The MMR vaccine is given in two divided doses at age 15 months and 4 years.
One vaccine will give 95% coverage, and two vaccinations will provide 99 % coverage. So the priority will be given to those who are unimmunised.
- If you were born prior to 1969 you do not need to have a vaccination, you are considered immune.
- If you were born between 1969 and 1992, you may have had one vaccination, and are 95% covered. Please check your own immunisation records first. The nurses at Village Health can check your medical records, but there will be a delay due to huge increase in workload. You can contact reception on 033388595 and ask for your records to be checked.
- If you were born after 1992 :
- If you are fully immunised you will have had two MMR vaccine and are considered fully vaccinated.
- If you are partially immunised please refer to your Well child book and immunisation records and check if you have had 2 vaccinations of MMR at age 15 months and 4 years.
- If you are unimmunised and would like to have the MMR vaccine please contact Village Health to make an appointment.
Priority is currently being given to children who have not yet received an MMR vaccine.