- Ever shared a needle or other equipment to inject drugs?
- Ever received a blood transfusion before 1992?
- Lived in, or received health care in South East Asia, the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East or Eastern Europe?
- Been in prison and used unsterile needles or been involved in unsafe tattooing practices?
- Ever had an abnormal and unexplained liver function test?
Most people who have Hepatitis C have no signs or symptoms for many years. The only way to know if you have hepatitis C is to have a blood test.
If you answered yes to any of these questions then speak to your GP about being tested.